This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. View our cookie policyX

Help in an emergency

If you find yourself in difficulties there is always someone who can help no matter what the problem.

On this page we have listed some of the people you can contact in an emergency - You can also use the links in the purple box opposite for advice on specific situations.

The Police

If you need help immediately call 999 or 112.
If it is not so urgent you can call Cambs Police on 101.

Medical emergencies

If you need urgent help in a serious emergency call 999 or 112. If it is less serious you can call 111 or your doctor.

Youth Support Service

Youth Support centres give help and advice about work, training, education and teenage problems. Find your nearest centre here

Social Care (this used to be called Social Services)

If you need to contact a social worker for help or to talk about someone at risk, ring the Cambridgeshire Call Centre on  0345 045 5200 (8am to 8pm Monday to Saturday or Social Care on 01733 234724 at all other times).

Drinkline - 0800 91 78 282

Someone to talk to in confidence about alcohol problems

FRANK - 0800 77 66 00

Free confidential drugs information and advice 24 hours a day

The Samaritans - 116 123

Confidential non-judgemental emotional support, 24 hours a day for people who are experiencing feelings of distress or despair

Featured Links