Vocational training/personal development opportunities
Pathway to Construction
- Free training programme from WATA ( West Anglian Training Association)
- Introduction to tools, construction site activities, Health & Safety and equipment
- Range of sessions covering CV, personal development and interview skills
- Opportunity to gain a CSCS card - your gateway to working on a construction site
- Practical dumper truck and plant experience (full driving license required).
Prince's Trust Programmes
Get Started with Robotics
- Working with Roaming Robots (The Robot Wars Team)
- Gain skills and level 1 qualification in Robotics
- Design and build your own robot to battle on the area floor
- Doesn't affect your benefits & travel expenses paid on programme
- Up to three months support to help you find further training and employment
Groups of 13 to 15 people take part in a challenging programme from team- building activities, including a week at a residential activity centre, to working on real projects in the local community and taking on individual work placements.
Throughout the Team programme, young people experience a sense of achievement which inspires them to move forward with new confidence and ambition. They develop a sense of purpose through the camaraderie of working in a team, as well as new friendships. This involvement allows them space to reconsider where they are going in their lives.
What does it offer young people?
Young people can:
- achieve an accredited qualification - complete activities to develop their English and maths skills
- uncover previously hidden talents and recognise their own strengths - boost confidence and motivation
- improve personal skills, such as communication and teamwork
- connect closely with their community through different projects
Who is eligible?
Young people who are aged 16 to 25 and unemployed � particularly those from The Prince�s Trust target groups. Teams can also include people sponsored by their employers to join for 20 days, offering different perspectives, helping to break down barriers and share their skills. Employees also benefit from skills development throughout the course.
For more information about TEAM opportunities in Cambridgeshire contact Steve Lucas on: 07919 492 316
Have you been out of education or employment for more than 12 months?
The Prince�s Trust also has another programme called �Talent Match� which is a 5 year Big Lottery funded programme focussing on youth unemployment., Their Youth Advocates will work with you on a one-to-one basis to support you into employment.
They have a flexible approach and will seek ways to overcome the barriers which might be making it difficult to find employment at a pace and in a way that works for you., They work with local employers to seek work experience placements and employment opportunities.,
Funding is also available to cover costs such as training, safety equipment or clothing etc.,
To find out more please contact: Sue.firstname.lastname@example.org
If you're 18 - 24, on Job Seeker's Allowance or Income Support and interested in landscaping and construction, Groundwork's,Green Skills,is for you.
Green Skills is:
- A 4 week training course
- 2 days a week
- Based in Coneygear Park, Huntingdon
- Supervised by landscape professionals
You will gain:
- Practical experience through working on real projects
- Construction Skills Certification
- Scheme (CSCS) card
- City and Guilds qualification,
- Support for future job prospects
- Interview practice
For more information,Contact Chris Dungate on 07872 400778, 01707 260129 or by email:,email@example.com
We know you are talented, ambitious and want the best in life, but perhaps you need a little helping hand to get there, too reach your potential and make it happen.
The My GAPS programme has been developed to help you unleash your potential. It gives you the chance to get a relevant work qualification, one equivalent to an A* - C at GCSE. You'll also be gaining practical work skills. You'll also have the opportunity to take English and Maths at functional or GSCE level.
If you are interested in Customer Services, an area which opens up a wide range of great job prospects, and not currently working or studying, TCHC can help you reach your career goals. Plus it's not like school or college, we provided a flexible and informal study environment.
On top of this we will find you a work placement where you can gain practical, on the job skills experience, giving you an advantage when applying for jobs.
It's all about helping you to succeed.
And to ensure that you do, you'll have one-to-one time with a mentor, so if you need any help, it's there for you.
It's funded by the government, so you don't have to pay anything, so why not give it a go - it makes sense.
If you would like to find out more call TCHC on 01223 245135 or text: 07532 061429 or email,firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit the TCHC website for more info, support and advice.
Age range - 16-17
Qualification: NVQ Level 2 in Customer Services
Location - Cambridge and surrounding area
Cost - Government Funded
Additional Criteria: Must not be in work or studying
Adventure/activity holidays for young people up to 16 years old......Fun, games, laughter, secret missions, sneaking in the woods, adventures and expeditions, a day trip, games you�ve never heard of before, parties and feasts and evenings of fun, things to learn, and plenty of new friends.,