This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. View our cookie policyX

Local Offer for Care Leavers


The Local Offer

This website outlines the ‘local offer’ for young people who are leaving, or have left the care of Cambridgeshire County Council.

It includes a wide range of information about the support you can get from the council and other organisations but if there is anything you cannot find, please let us know at (email address)

The information is organised into the following sections:

1. Who is eligible/ Being a care leaver

2. Role of the Personal Adviser

3. Health & Wellbeing

4. Relationships

5. Employment, Education & Training

6. Participation and Engagement

7. Participation in Society

8. Accommodation

9. Finances

10. Key contacts


Making contact

If you would like to speak to someone, please contact your Personal Adviser / Social Worker. If they are not available, or if you do not have a named worker, the duty worker is available 9am – 5pm on 01480 372463.



If you need urgent help, you should initially contact your Personal Adviser / Social Worker or the duty worker on 01480 372463. If an emergency occurs out of office hours then the Emergency Duty Service can be contacted on 01733 234724.



If you are unhappy about any aspect of the support you receive, please talk to your Personal Adviser/Social Worker as they will want to help sort it out. If that does not work, or you would rather talk to someone else, you can ask to speak to their manager (are details on the PWP? How would they know who this is?).

Alternatively, you can contact the Customer Care Team:

Children’s Services, FREEPOST Box SH1215, Shire Hall, Cambridge,CB3 0AP

Telephone: 01223 699 664 or 714 765 (or 0345 045 5203)

Text: 07795 092 404



NYAS is an independent organisation which is there to help if you “need something stopped, started or changed”. To request a NYAS advocate to assist you with a complaint or other concern, call 0800 808 1001 or email or look on their website:




Employment, Education & Training

Health & Wellbeing

Key Contacts

Participation & Engagement

Participation in Society

Role of the Personal Advisor


Who is Eligible/ Being a Care Leaver

Featured Links