Cyber bullying can take many forms, for example:
- Abusive emails or text messages
- Picture/video clip bullying via mobile phone cameras - can make you feel embarrassed or threatened
- Instant messaging used to bully, frighten or humiliate
- Chat room bullying
How can I keep clear of cyber bullies?
- Be careful who you give your mobile number or email address to
- Never reply to unpleasant emails
- Leave the chat room if it becomes unpleasant
- If you have a page on a social networking site (e.g. Facebook, MSN, Myspace, Bebo) make sure you understand all of the privacy/security settings and use them.
What can I do if I get bullied?
- Tell someone you trust - a parent/friend/teacher/youth worker/personal adviser
- Make note of exactly when the threatening message/call was sent
- Keep emails/texts as evidence
- Contact your service provider to find out how they can help you