What can I do at age 16?
When you are 16 you are allowed to:
- Get married or register a civil partnership with consent
- Drive a moped or invalid carriage
- You can consent to sexual activity with others aged 16 and over
- Drink wine/beer with a meal if accompanied by someone over 18
- Get a National Insurance number
- Join a trade union
- Work full-time if you have left school
- Be paid national minimum wage for 16/17 year olds
- Join the Armed Forces with parental consent
- Change name by deed poll
- Leave home with parental consent
- In certain circumstances you must pay for prescriptions, dental treatment and eye tests
- Choose a GP
- Consent to medical treatment
- Buy premium bonds
- Pilot a glider
- Buy a lottery ticket
- Register as a blood donor, but you won't be called to give blood until you're 17
- Apply for a passport without parental consent
Other Sites Contacts
Sorry, no pages found.
Sorry, no downloads found.